fuseproject is looking for a UX & Experience Design Lead, who will partner with the Director of XD to lead the team. We are looking for a candidate who is creative, passionate, and unwilling to compromise their drive to create stunning and engaging designed experiences that make a difference to our clients, their brand, and their customers.
We are looking for a true student and connoisseur of experience design, not bound by the constraints of traditional digital thinking nor the expected design patterns and trends that drive the industry. You must lead by example, roll up your sleeves, and love the chaotic and rewarding nature of a design challenge. You should both engage clients you work with and inspire the team working with you. You should be a hybrid in your thinking, your skillset, and your approach. And like all of us, have willingness and desire to learn every day and see the world through many lenses – always challenging your own assumptions, those around you and willingly step into the unknown.
You are comfortable interacting with and presenting to clients, and are able to identify strategic opportunities where design can make a difference. You establish design directions that inspire and infuse projects with deeper meaning and authentic stories. And as a skilled communicator, you are also highly organized and have experience in collaborating with a wider creative team. You should be able to transfer your knowledge and skills to your team and besides being opinionated; balance that with being an amazing team player.
Your role will take you across the spectrum of design – from early stage strategy, research, product definition, ideation and concepting – to deep systematic and detailed experienced design for real-world implementation. Our UX & Experience Designers craft how the individual interacts with a product or service. Activities revolve around tight integration and collaboration across the studio’s disciplines, and rigorously engaging in product / service research, concepting, information architecture development (site maps, user flows, sketches, wireframes, experience frameworks), systematic design, and interaction design to create powerful digital, physical and/or environmental experiences.
Like all roles within fuseproject, you will be hands-on; executing designs and establishing a strong point of view and translating into tangible and tactile design artifacts. While a hybrid role by design, you must embrace discovering, understanding, and communicating the business requirements of our clients, the emotional desires of their customers, and the context in which these two come together. Having a strong passion for and understanding of user-centered design processes, systematic thinking, and interaction design principles is crucial for your success.
We expect you have curated your work into an impressive portfolio that shows ideas, stories and compelling digital products and platforms. We are looking for a Designer that will bring new creative energy to the table with thinking, process and designs that are refined, considered, current and forward thinking.
Job Details & Skills:
- Conduct behavioral analysis, user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing
- Design and specify information architecture, micro interactions, and user interfaces using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, competitive audits, market research, and other forms of requirements discovery
- Produce personas, ecosystem diagrams, customer journey maps, service blueprints, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, interaction frameworks, wireframes, design annotations, prototypes, or design specifications
- Effectively synthesize and communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and through execution
- Manage the design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules
- Work closely with other disciplines to ensure that design requirements are achieved
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other XD designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and industrial designers
- Assist in building a UX team centered around progressive thinking, craft, aesthetic, concept and execution
- Ability to articulate complex solutions clearly
- Quick-thinking, personable, flexible
- Ability to span the spectrum from vision, storytelling, and concepting – to deep systematic detail design execution
- Work closely with the Director of XD to help guide and lead the team
- A strong communicator, influencer and cross-functional partner that is able to present solutions; clearly articulate experience design principles and methodology that informs the work
- Collaborative, inclusive and flexible team member who can successfully work across disciplines with various stakeholder groups, both within fuseproject and across client organizations
- Able to produce results both independently and collaboratively as a team member and mentor others
- Experienced with shipping and launching multiple products while having the ability to work within a high demand, fast-paced team
- Oversee design tracks all the way through execution
- Act as a strategic leader on projects and help drive the collaborative efforts of the project’s creative, user experience, industrial design and technology teams, and drive teams to exceed expectations on all levels
- Represent fuseproject culture and standards both within the company and to our clients, who are as passionate and excited about their work as we want users to be
- Solid understanding of systems thinking and integrated holistic thinking including ecosystems
- Play a key role in the preparation, delivery and presentation to clients
- Understanding a client’s business and communication goals, and translating them into unique creative solutions
- Set an example – find new stimulus to disrupt your thinking, develop new interests, travel. Do what you must to stay curious
- Develop yourself and constantly stretch the offering of the studio and push individual skills sets
- Ensure rationale behind design decisions and happily discuss the validation and thinking behind these decisions
- Tight integration with developers to optimize designs for implementation
- Ensure design decisions are informed by a necessary amount of in-depth technology research
- Always ensure that deadlines and requested deliverables are met to the highest level of quality, both for internal reviews and external presentations
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and client organizations. We want someone who can back up our stunning work clearly and confidently
- Comprehensive awareness and love of new platforms, technologies, and trends for the digital channel and related mediums
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
- Meticulous and obsessively detail oriented
Background & Experience:
- 8+ years’ experience in a design role
- 4+ years’ experience in a design leadership role
- International experience is a benefit
Qualified candidates must present an online portfolio that:
- Exhibits broad, comprehensive UX and iXD design solutions
- Clearly shows process, thinking and finely crafted UX deliverables
- Demonstrates a passion for digital product development
- Shows experience with diverse content and subject matter
- A portfolio is an essential piece of any application for a Design role. Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work will unfortunately not be considered