Social Media Community Manager
Who’s There Group
Are you creative, upbeat, smart, and productive? Do you know the difference between “your” and “you’re”? Are you out in the world doing fun, interesting things? Do you hate stifling workplaces and the social pressure to wear suits?
Then we want YOU.
We are the Who’s There Group—Knock Knock, Emily McDowell Studio, and Sisters of Los Angeles—entrepreneurs who’ve gotten it DONE (and are still getting it done). We create witty, design-driven gifts and books, along with anything else that might strike our fancy. About fifty of us do everything from concepting, writing, and designing our books and gifts to overseeing the all-important logistical dynamics of manufacturing, sales, marketing and distribution. And we’re growing! We are looking for a Social Media Community Manager to join our expanding Marketing department.
Here are some of the qualities we’re looking for:
- Appreciation and exuberance for gift products, stationery, and books
- High level of creativity
- Energetic, positive attitude
- Great sense of humor
- Proactive nature
- Ability to take constructive feedback and pivot accordingly
If this sounds like you, then please read all the official stuff below and get in touch. We want to hear specifically why YOU want to work with US, and why WE want to work with YOU. Tell us your story in your awesome cover letter, and let us know the salary range you’re looking for. We don’t look at resumés that come in without cover letters or salary range info, and an awesome cover letter will demonstrate that you looked at our websites and social media feeds.
What You’d Be Doing:
The Social Media Community Manager (SMCM) will engage, retain, and grow our followers, helping to convert them into brand ambassadors. The SMCM is responsible for developing, creating, and managing shareable digital content for social networks and driving engagement that supports brand perception. This includes creating engaging images and graphics to accompany posts, shooting and curating photos and videos for visual platforms, and developing and executing on-brand content. The role commands best practices and trends in social media marketing and understands how to both build and convert a digital audience. This position sets high-bar goals and finds a way to hit them.
The SMCM reports to the VP of Marketing and works closely with the marketing team as well as having interaction and contact with key stakeholders such as sales and customer service.
- Advance, build and manage all three company’s (Knock Knock, Emily McDowell Studio, Sisters of Los Angeles) social media profiles and presence, leveraging online pulse to develop and post content on relevant social channels like Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and new channels as needed (you tell us—you’re the expert!).
- Possess strong content creation skills in copywriting, photography and videography; highly creative; adept in brand positioning.
- Participate and build relationships directly with fans, authors, and influencers. Seed discussions, ask questions, and set the right tone to build community and engagement.
- Provide ongoing metrics tracking and optimization recommendations, highly focused on growing awareness and brand adoption.
- Create sharable content appropriate for specific networks to support our brand identities, increase customer acquisition, and build community.
- Act as conduit to customer service, understanding where followers’ questions or comments are coming from and address appropriately—providing course of action for resolution.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success, ranging from Twitter chats, to Google+ Hangouts, to LinkedIn conversations, as well as the content and links posted through these and other channels.
- Act as an extension of PR by connecting team directly with journalists and reporters, which can result in increased coverage for the company.
- Demonstrate skill at capitalizing on a news story, trend, or hashtag as well as mitigate any issues calmly and diplomatically.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Coordinate with Director of E-Commerce & Digital Marketing (DECDM) to create and manage online programs to support existing sales efforts.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
Characteristics You’ll Embody While Doing It:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 2–5 years of digital marketing, copywriting, and/or digital content production experience.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to receive and assimilate critical feedback.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (most importantly Photoshop) and photo editing
- Experience shooting and editing video
- A hyper active creative mind that is overflowing with captivating content ideas for social sharing.
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment while functioning as a member of a highly collaborative team.
- Quick decision-making and good judgment.
- Active and well-rounded personal presence on social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and social media data reporting and analysis. Ability to compile reports on key performance indicators and summarize insights.
- Keen ability to make personal connections through social media (and the real world! imagine!) and still communicate with fans/customers on a broader scale.
- Detail-oriented with commitment to follow-through.
- Bonus experience and skills include demand generation marketing, inbound marketing, and blogging.
If you’re interested, please peruse our social channels and our websites at knockknockstuff.com, emilymcdowell.com, and sistersoflosangeles.com. Send your cover letter (mandatory! why do YOU want to work with US specifically?), desired salary range, and resumé to: email@example.com with subject line: SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNITY MANAGER. We offer competitive compensation and benefits. EOE. No phone calls, please.