Juniper is a fast-growing luxury lighting brand with operations in NY and CT. We operate in the high-end architectural lighting industry; providing innovative, custom solutions to luxury office and hospitality spaces globally.
Juniper is looking for a passionate, experienced and energetic Sales Associate for our flagship showroom in SoHo, NY. As the ideal candidate, you are highly self-motivated, relationship-driven and passionate about design. You employ a positive, solution-based attitude when dealing with customer queries and needs. You have worked in a sales or customer service role for at least two years preferably for an interior design or interiors products company.
As a Showroom Sales Associate you will set appointments, receive clients and navigate them through our product collections and services. You will employ a consultative and collaborative approach with clients to ensure their needs are addressed. As a Showroom Sales Associate, you will report directly to the company Sales Director.
- Assist the sales team in developing customer relationships and building brand presence in the showroom market, thereby contributing to the overall sales goals for the showroom and company as a whole.
- Meet, greet and assist walk-in, and scheduled trade clientele.
- Communicate detailed product information to clients, including technical information, pricing, lead times and shipping costs.
- Become an expert in the field and consult clients on their specific lighting project requirements.
- Work closely with the sales team in preparation for showroom client meetings and key client communications.
- Sustain a constant knowledge of home furnishings and interior design industries and be able to speak clearly and intelligently to current industry trends and products.
- Provide first-class client service.
- Answer all incoming showroom phone calls and sales emails when appropriate.
- Process incoming showroom purchase orders.
- Maintain showroom appointment scheduling and calendar.
- Update and maintain CRM.
- As the ideal candidate, you come with strong references, display impeccable spoken and written communication skills and have extraordinary people and organizational skills.
- You possess 2+ years of experience in a customer facing role working at small to medium size companies.
- Proven showroom, sales, or sales assistant experience.
- Results driven and positive attitude as a team and individual, foster open communication and accept delegation.
- Experience in the design, interiors or closely related business is a plus.
- A post-secondary degree or equivalent in marketing or communications is preferred.
- Longer hours and weekend shifts as needed, especially during special events.
Showroom Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm.
Salary is commensurate with relevant experience, skills and education.
Full health, dental and vision
Paid time off
401K matching plan
Generous bonus plan
Excellent advancement opportunities
Job Type: Full-time