The Senior Visual Designer works on the brand and visual design team but will collaborate with all design disciplines in the studio to bring brand experiences to life. We are looking for a designer with solid experience building brand identity systems for clients large and small, in a wide range of categories, across all touchpoints. You have been an instrumental component of numerous large-scale branding projects and can articulate your work clearly and concisely. You take complete ownership of your projects and, if needed, can deliver work independently with minimal oversight
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Have a strong voice during specific activities on projects ranging from brand development (brand strategy, naming, visual identity and system design), to brand activation/implementation (print collateral, packaging, digital communications, environmental graphic design).
- Think conceptually AND strategically.
- Concept and create designs that have a strong unified message across all touchpoints.
- Collaborate and coordinate your work between industrial and experience designers.
- Influence internal teams and clients to guide decision making and facilitate alignment.
- Contribute to brainstorms and generate ideas that have actionable results.
- Operate independently and mentor entry-level designers and interns to cultivate their talent.
- Articulate and defend the value of your designs in design critiques and client presentations.
- Art direct outsourced partners such as illustrators, photographers, videographers and retouchers.
- Have excellent time and task management skills.
- Prepare designs for final production.
- Comfortable presenting ideas to clients confidently.
Required Skills / Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience working in a design/creative studio
- Degree in graphic design or related field
- Highly proficient at using Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Keynote, Google Docs, and Microsoft Office products like Word.
- Excellent typography skills.
- Sketch, create mood boards and have a story for your work.
- Produce original, thoughtful and visually strong designs.
- Stable under pressure and flexible with varying tastes/styles.
- You are reliable and accountable.
- Proficient writing skills and ability to explain your ideas.
- You know the difference between what’s trending vs. what will stand the test of time.
- A genuine team player.