CCY Architects is seeking a talented Senior Project Architect to join our collaborative culture!
CCY Architects, located in Basalt, Colorado, is a progressive, sustainably-minded architecture firm with a range of national and international projects including custom residential, resort, hospitality, and community-based projects.
Based in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, CCY is a nimble 40-person firm, priding itself on a collaborative team design approach and a culture of health and well being. Employees are encouraged to take advantage of the environment in which we live. Because we are a team of passionate designers working together, we rely on our team members to be agile and flexible, humble but driven, with a client focus mindset.
Summary of Position:
The Senior Project Architect is a generalist role, and the successful candidate is expected to possess the abilities to deal with all aspects of Architectural design, project, and client management and related issues. The position is responsible for handling a wide variety of project types and complex professional design activities including: spatial planning and design, materials, detailing, structural and MEP systems, code requirements. The role includes contributing to office-wide initiatives including, but not limited to, project delivery standards, staff mentorship and development.
The ideal candidate will be organized, creative, and pragmatic with a strong foundation in design concepts and principles, practices and construction. Strong communication, collaboration, interpersonal and problem-solving skills are critical abilities required for the position. The Senior Project Architect will communicate and collaborate closely with senior management and firm leadership, clients, staff, consultants, vendors and contractors. Opportunity for growth into leadership responsibilities within the firm exists for the right candidate.
Responsibilities Include: (but not limited to)
- Agility in producing conceptual and fully executed architectural and interior designs
- Ability to deftly handle multiple clients and projects simultaneously
- Develop design concepts in a collaborative, team-based studio environment
- Manage multiple small to medium-sized projects, and/or manage one large project
- Produce and coordinate quality construction documents for permitting and bidding
- Lead coordination of consultants of all disciplines
- Coordinate day-to-day contract administration activities
- Provide oversight and quality review of the work of project associates and junior staff
- Coordinate project administration with the accounting and operations team, including schedule and staffing
- 12 years minimum professional experience in Architecture
- Active Architectural License
- Bachelor or Masters of Architecture required
- Experience managing complex and varied projects, with direct client interface
- Fluency in Revit is a must
- Ability to coordinate and lead the work of other team members through mentorship and guidance
- Knowledge of building codes and construction detailing
- Excellent verbal and graphic communication skills to work with a diverse team of designers
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fun, fast-paced environment
Compensation commensurate with experience, full benefits program offered. Send cover letter, resume, and examples of work (in single .pdf format) to: email@example.com with Senior Project Architect as the subject.