Who’s There Group
Are you creative, upbeat, smart, and productive? Do you know the difference between “your” and “you’re”? Are you out in the world doing fun, interesting things? Do you hate stifling workplaces and the social pressure to wear suits?
Then we want YOU.
We are the Who’s There Group—Knock Knock, Emily McDowell Studio, and Sisters of Los Angeles—entrepreneurs who’ve gotten it DONE (and are still getting it done). We create witty, design-driven gifts and books, along with anything else that might strike our fancy. About fifty of us do everything from concepting, writing, and designing our books and gifts to overseeing the all-important logistical dynamics of manufacturing, sales, marketing and distribution. And we’re growing! We are looking for a Senior Production Artist to join our expanding production department.
- Here are some of the qualities we’re looking for:
- Appreciation and exuberance for gift products, stationery, and books
- High level of creativity
- Energetic, positive attitude
- Great sense of humor
- Proactive nature
- Ability to take constructive feedback and pivot accordingly
If this sounds like you, then please read all the official stuff below and get in touch. We want to hear specifically why YOU want to work with US, and why WE want to work with YOU. Tell us your story in your awesome cover letter. We don’t look at resumés that come in without one, and an awesome cover letter will demonstrate that you looked at our websites and social media feeds.
What You’d Be Doing:
- Using your advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and your working knowledge of Microsoft Office to create final graphics, photography, and layouts for print, digital, and presentations.
- Very straightforward product photography. This does not require you to be a professional photographer, however you will need a solid understanding of different camera and studio lighting techniques.
- Photoshop, Photoshop, Photoshop! You will be confident in your expertise when it comes to photo retouching, color correction, and photo production.
- Taking a loosely or strictly art directed design from concept to final layout with strong design sensibilities and an understanding of objective typography.
- Preparing accurate press-ready mechanicals for a variety of products, packaging, and marketing collateral.
- Creating traditional mock-ups, with an interest in using or learning new mock-up technology, such as die-cutting machines and 3D printers.
Characteristics You’ll Embody While Doing It:
- You will need to analyze and interpret a variety of production techniques and find the best approach to any given project.
- You must be extremely detail-oriented with both file-building and file organization.
- Problem solver. You will need to research and/or resolve technical issues involving the production process, software, and equipment.
- A proactive self-starter with excellent communication skills. You will need to be an advocate for the production department and all of its creative services.
- Excellent people skills. As a member of our Who’s There Group team, you will be required to develop strong relationships with other team members across all departments in order to expedite each project.
- Checklist enthusiast. You must be able to handle a number of projects simultaneously and complete them on deadline.
If you’re interested, please peruse our social channels and our websites at knockknockstuff.com, emilymcdowell.com, and sistersoflosangeles.com. Send your cover letter (mandatory! why do YOU want to work with US specifically?) and resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: SENIOR PRODUCTION ARTIST. We offer competitive compensation and benefits. EOE. No phone calls, please.