This is a senior position, requiring at least 8 years of experience working at an environmental design, graphic design, branding or related design firm. Senior Brand Designers must have at least four years of experience working in environmental graphic design or interior design, and have an advanced understanding of fabrication methods, building codes, and materiality.
Senior Brand Designers develop and execute design solutions for projects under the direction of the Design Directors; they must have the ability to lead project design teams and delegate work in a timely and constructive manner. Senior Brand Designers have a thorough understanding of the firm’s design philosophy; they provide major input in developing a design concept and can effectively convey this to both assigned team members and clients.
Senior Designers must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Lead project design teams including programming client needs, conceptual and schematic design, design development and production files.
- With Principals and Directors, guide project vision and ensure detailing, finishes, graphic language and materials all align with project vision.
- Contribute to and reinforce the “team effort” method of producing design projects.
- Mentor and guide skill development of intermediate
and junior staff.
- Collaborate with consultants, furniture dealers, product reps and fabricators to meet overall project objectives.
- Partner with Directors and Principals in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
- Work closely with the project designer and project architect to develop scaled elevations and floor plans conveying graphic intent for schematic and design development presentations.
- Specify finishes, substrates, and finishing methods for both print and environmental designs.
- Present brand and graphic solutions to internal design team, clients, and external partners.
- Review proofs, drawings, mock-ups and samples submitted by project contractors.
- Work with fabricators and print vendors to problem solve and develop solutions for graphic and brand installation.
- Review shop drawings and submittals related to environmental graphics and branding.
- Advise Project Designers and Brand Designers on the response of RFIs and the issuance of SKs to clarify questions related to environmental graphics and branding.
- Lead internal and external charettes regarding brand and concept development with Directors and Principals.
- Create a culture of quality design that focuses on inspiration, openness, collaborations and cross-platform partnerships.
- Pro-actively keep Project Managers and Directors informed of work status and seek clarification where appropriate.
- Identify issues, risks and conflicts and ask for assistance and/or delegate in a timely and constructive manner when required.
- Participate in the creation of Artist Series and other Studio O+A print and digital pieces.
- Work with the Directors and Principals to elevate and evolve the Studio O+A brand both internally and externally.