Job Title: Sales Associate
Department: US Sales
Reports To: Showroom Director
About the Rug Company:
Since our founding in 1997, The Rug Company has endeavored to create the most desirable rugs in the world. Uniquely, we achieve this by combining the ancient craft of quality rug making with the creative brilliance of some of today’s most accomplished designers. Our rugs are beautiful, distinctive and original.
The Rug Company is one of the most respected and iconic names in the luxury rug business. Everything we do and the elite clientele we serve is dedicated to making life more beautiful. We are a luxury rug company looking for a proactive, personable, highly motivated and organized sales associate. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, responsible and detail-oriented self-starter with a strong passion for continuous learning and professional development, as this position allows one on one personal interaction.
- Develop repeat sales, new relationships and future business
- Responsible for managing own performance against sales target
- Responsible for identifying and implementing relevant databases and other sources of prospect data
- Responsible for developing and deploying appropriate and effective prospect approach strategies
- Network with the professional trade through involvement in associations, meetings and events
- To control expenses to deliver best return on investment and maximise profit.
- Deliver a world-class service to all customers – in line with our brand and reputation.
- Provide prompt, high quality, friendly customer service to future and present customers
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
- Ensuring you are up to date product and company knowledge.
- Ensure that Health and Safety and Security policies are adhered to.
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer records using the Company’s business systems
- Produce and publish weekly and monthly KPI reports
- Ensure that installations are carried out to a high standard in line with our Company’s guidelines
- Expertly carry out all local initiatives designed to drive sales, ensuring that they are consistent with our brand.
- Ensure all promotional merchandise is current and stock levels are sufficient
- May have to travel to target territories
Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Experience in luxury sales with proven record of exceeding targets
- Highly organised
- Business focused
- Financially motivated
- Strong communication
The Rug Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.