NICOLEHOLLIS is seeking a motivated, passionate and aspiring individual with a background working in the interior design/architecture industry to join our design studio as a librarian. This is a full-time position with full benefits package in a fast-paced creative environment located in our San Francisco Office.
Vendor Management: The Resource Librarian oversees the scheduling, coordination and facilitation of Studio-wide vendor presentations; sources, updates, and manages digital and physical vendor resources; and establishes and maintains contacts with vendors, showrooms, and galleries. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships and contacts.
- Organize and schedule new vendor presentations and routine vendor updates.
- Create workflows and file structures for vendor resources.
- Update vendor information across multiple platforms.
- Update and maintain the digital and physical catalog library.
- Share vendor resources with the Studio.
- Coordination with digital asset management librarian to maintain records in Canto software.
Materials and Resource Library: The Resource Librarian oversees the management of the Materials Library and supports the work of the Studio. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the overall organization, general maintenance and updating of the materials library.
- Oversee and manage interns for maintenance, general upkeep, and organization of physical library.
- Materials sourcing for the library and assistance with sourcing and procurement of materials samples for current projects.
- Assistance to design teams with sourcing of textiles, furniture, accessories, and art for current projects when necessary.
- Maintaining relationships and establishing new contacts and with manufactures, vendors, showrooms, and galleries to ensure all samples and catalogs remain current; input new resources into resource databases.
- Identify new vendors and resources, and share information with designers and architects about new products; arrange for representatives to visit when appropriate.
- Sharing new product information with the Studio.
- Experience with materials library management with prior-experience and understanding of the interior design, art, and architecture industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Data Management Software.
- Ability to create and manage spreadsheets and custom database solution.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of trade resources and vendors.
- Initiative, attention to details and follow-through are key factors.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs of materials.
- MLIS preferred, but not required.