Sales Manager – Tufenkian Artisan Carpets, a design leader in hand knotted rugs is seeking a regional sales manager (RSM) responsible for developing the wholesale business within an established territory of North America. This dynamic professional should have a strong understanding of the wholesale marketplace, rich experience in high end carpets/ rugs, skilled at nurturing existing relationships, prospecting new opportunities, and understand all aspects of working with a company who sells across multiple channels. The individual must have experience selling rugs, and understand the competitive landscape, distribution, and market.
- Minimum 10 years experiences in outside sales developing wholesale distribution within design products, specified through architects and designers in the residential and commercial environment.
- High End Carpet/ Rug experience Preferred
- Experience selling to flooring, carpet, and furniture distribution.
- Based on the east coast of the United States *
- Ability to travel away from home visiting clients, trade fairs, and the company headquarters (60% Travel)
- Ability to cold call, research, and source potential business, follow up on sales enquiries, sell via phone and face to face
- Ability to act independently and make decisions within company policy
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willingness to become an expert in product knowledge
- Design and color sensibility
- Ability to multitask
- Self-Driven and results oriented
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in presenting in a professional environment
- Strong negotiating and closing skills
- Organized and a very effective time manager
- A challenging position in a highly ambitious design leading company
- An attractive work culture where entrepreneurship and creativity are highly valued
- Competitive Compensation package
- Core benefits including but not limited to health insurance, 401K
- Position is full time
Tufenkian Artisan Carpets was founded in 1986 by entrepreneur James Tufenkian in order to create beautiful and superbly crafted handmade rugs that not only enhance an interior environment, they also enrich the lives and communities of the artisans who make the rugs. This same philosophy drives all Tufenkian ventures, from category defining handmade carpets, to luxurious hotels, to the finest epicurean products and is also clearly manifested in the extensive humanitarian and environmental work of the Tufenkian Foundation. Tufenkian not only diligently ensures that no child labor is ever used to produce any product bearing the Tufenkian name, but also uses the proceeds from its businesses to ensure that its craftspeople are cared for, and their communities thrive. By entering redeveloping nations and providing communities employment, housing, potable drinking water, schools, medical facilities, cultural preservation initiatives, and environmental rehabilitation, Tufenkian outstrips international humanitarian standards. This is all part of fulfilling James Tufenkian’s founding mandate that we “leave the places we touch a little better than we found them”
Job Type: Full-time
We follow all local, state, federal and CDC guidelines for COVID-19