Brendan Ravenhill Studio is seeking a sharp, energetic, hard-working, and detail-oriented Production Associate to join our team. This is a fast-paced, hands-on opportunity to learn how a small design studio designs, markets, and manufactures high-end lighting fixtures. You’ll be working with a small, passionate team of makers and designers who take great pride in what we do. The position is full time with benefits, and a studio provided lunch three days a week. All employees of the studio have access to the shop and tools after hours and on weekends.
• Learn to build, pack, and help ship our chandeliers, pendants, and sconces.
• Assist the Production Manager in the timely completion of our weekly builds.
• Maintain sub-assembly inventory and a clean and organize our studio space.
• Take part in our creative Friday projects, where we take on in-house build projects and studio upgrades.
• Master our methods and standards in order to serve as the studio’s final eye, and ensure that all the product we ship meets the high quality standards of the studio.
• Work symbiotically both with members of the production team, and with the Post Production Manager on a daily basis
• Basic Woodworking or construction knowledge and the ability to think with one’s hands.
• A serious and passionate interest in efficiency and the way things are made.
• An eagerness to learn and master our esoteric building techniques.
• A high attention to detail.
• A professional demeanor.
• An ability to take initiative while learning new things.
• Ability to work as a member of the team and follow directions.
• The drive to constantly improve and develop methods, in turn bettering the department and studio as a whole.
This job is great for those looking for an entry-level position into the world of design and manufacturing. Prior experience or relevant education is a big plus but not a deal breaker. We value interest and attitude more than what you’ve done. If this sounds like you, please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to email@example.com. Due to the large number of submissions, we may not respond to all inquiries.
If this is your dream position, please impress us with a great cover letter, full of character and devoid of typos. In your cover letter, please tell us a bit about who you are with the following questions:
-What’s your favorite thing you recently built, and why?
-What drives you?