Job Description: Camron is seeking a talented Press Officer to join its New York office. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, detail-oriented individual with at least one year of PR experience, and a passion for, or interest in, design. The Press Officer supports a team of four working in in the retail and home/interiors space.
- Support the team with day to day client admin
- Prioritize a diverse workload and manage a portfolio of multiple clients
- Write press releases and launch announcements
- Research editorial calendars and create tailored media grids to support editor pitching
- Assist with press mailings and respond to press requests
- Support execution and logistics for client events, including preparing invitation lists, managing RSVPs and managing guest check-in
- Assist teams with Social Media channels and updates relevant to industry and clients
- Read industry relevant magazines – trade and consumer – and share findings with the agency
- Prepare press cuttings for presentation to client
- Prepare agendas for client meetings
- Creating weekly and monthly status reports for clients
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field, such as communications, journalism, art history or similar.
- Excellent organizational skills with the capability to multi-task on multiple client accounts
- Event experience and the ability to plan publicity campaigns
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer magazines, national newspapers, digital outlets and other relevant media
About Camron PR
As a global agency, with offices in London, New York and San Francisco we work with clients internationally. Camron represents companies who understand the way in which great design defines their businesses. Whether it is through collaborations with top designers, manufacturing products that demonstrate good design, or environments that raise the bar through the clever and imaginative use of good design ideas. We represent clients in over 15 cities around the world and have colleagues fluent in French, German, Russian, Spanish and Italian. Camron PR clients include retail, furniture, lifestyle, beauty, hotels, architects, designers, art and exhibitions, technology, food and drink.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to: Kyle.Bella@camronpr.com