Brendan Ravenhill Studio is seeking to hire a Pre-Production Manager to join our growing Studio. The Pre-Production Manager is a key liaison between the Communications, Operations, Finance and Design departments providing information on scheduling, pricing, and parts development. The Pre-Production Manager leads vendor relations, inventory strategy and logistics, fabrication development as well as adherence to compliance standards. Detail oriented to a fault, the position demands an attentive focus and discerning eye. Balanced against this is a necessity to work quickly and intelligently, communicate clearly and find creative answers to difficult problems. With their knowledge of parts and systems, this role contributes to the sustainable growth and fiscal responsibility of our Studio through effective supply chain management.
- Manage our supply chain of a multitude of vendors to meet the demands of a fluctuating production schedule.
- Lead a team of three to maintain inventory and quality levels through running weekly meetings, defining team priorities and workflow, developing standardized systems, providing accountability, and investing in career development.
- Create and maintain healthy vendor relations through regular communication and site visits to increase quality, negotiate pricing and improve supply chain resilience.
- Communicate relevant vendor information at weekly interdepartmental meetings by highlighting issues with quality control, vendor relations, custom orders, product development, and inventory lead times.
- Identify defective components, products, or processes and spearhead solutions for ongoing challenges and emerging issues.
- Work with the Operations Director and Finance Director to develop long term inventory and order fulfillment strategies.
- Work with Operations Director and Operations department as a whole to refine systems, increase efficiency and profitability, and foster departmental unity.
- 2+ years Management experience
- High level of organization and initiative, and the time management skills to meet the pace of rapidly growing studio.
- 2-4 year background in production, design, product development or related field.
- Comprehension of various fabrication processes and techniques.
- Strong communication skills, a sense of urgency, and thick skin.
- Expertise in Solidworks and SketchUp
- Expertise in Excel and QuickBooks Enterprise
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and G Suite
- A willingness to learn and take on new challenges
- Valid CA driver’s license
If this sounds like you, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the large number of submissions, we may not respond to all inquiries. If this is your dream position then impress us with a great cover letter, full of character and devoid of typos. We care more about who you are than what you’ve done.
In your cover letter, please explain why you want to join Brendan Ravenhill Studio, what drives you creatively, and an example of your problem-solving skills (this can be a story, an object, anything that demonstrates the way you think and work).
In addition, please provide the following:
- Two professional references
- Date you can start
- Compensation requirements