Who’s There Group
Are you creative, upbeat, smart, and productive? Do you know the difference between “your” and “you’re”? Are you out in the world doing fun, interesting things? Do you hate stifling workplaces and the social pressure to wear suits?
Then we want YOU.
We are the Who’s There Group—Knock Knock, Emily McDowell Studio, and Sisters of Los Angeles—entrepreneurs who’ve gotten it DONE (and are still getting it done). We create witty, design-driven gifts and books, along with anything else that might strike our fancy. About fifty of us do everything from concepting, writing, and designing our books and gifts to overseeing the all-important logistical dynamics of manufacturing, sales, marketing and distribution. And we’re growing! We are looking for a Marketing Associate to join our expanding marketing team.
Here are some of the qualities we’re looking for:
- Appreciation and exuberance for gift products, stationery, and books
- High level of creativity
- Energetic, positive attitude
- Great sense of humor
- Proactive nature
- Ability to take constructive feedback and pivot accordingly
If this sounds like you, then please read all the official stuff below and get in touch. We want to hear specifically why YOU want to work with US, and why WE want to work with YOU. Tell us your story in your awesome cover letter, and let us know the salary range you’re looking for. We don’t look at resumés that come in without cover letters or salary range info, and an awesome cover letter will demonstrate that you looked at our websites and social media feeds.
What You’d Be Doing:
- Display strong passion for Knock Knock brand marketing and for helping to support/drive Knock Knock’s marketing goals.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities for a dynamic mix of marketing initiatives: partnerships, sponsorships, giveaways, videos, social media, email marketing, blogging, e-commerce website content updates, and special events.
- Provide general admin assistance—shipping packages, composing initial creative briefs and/or meeting agendas, taking notes, setting up meetings. Anywhere extra support is needed, the MA jumps in!
- Act as liaison and day-to-day contact with press contacts and Knock Knock authors and/or artists—cultivating strong relationships through clear and effective communications.
- Handle incoming press inquiries and follow-up—vetting and responding and/or routing internally as needed.
- Research and coordinate external brand partnership opportunities, including cross-promotional giveaways
- Provide press/digital media support: research websites, blogs and/or social media influencers and conduct initial outreach and qualification.
- Track projects and meet deadlines on a consistent basis—managing up to the assigning team member should be second nature to you.
- Maintain various marketing databases, reports and tracking spreadsheets—reporting to management on a regular schedule. A propensity and interest in data analysis is a plus.
- Aid in the analysis of marketing efforts by compiling and summarizing information for both online and offline initiatives.
Characteristics You’ll Embody While Doing It:
- Bachelor’s degree in PR/Marketing, Communications, Business, or relevant experience and/or interest.
- 2-plus years of experience working in a PR and/or Marketing role.
- Tendency to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment with periodic crunches for deadlines, staying focused and calm under pressure. The ability to multitask is critical, as is the tendency to look at the clock and think, “Is it 6:00 p.m. already?” rather than “When will it be 6:00 p.m.? Seems like forever.”
- Very strong project management skills—taking the initiative to define next steps on any given project (and run with them!).
- Keen attention to detail. Highly organized with ability to keep track of own schedule and deliverables.
- Excellent and dynamic writer committed to the highest quality of work. A natural propensity for writing in the Knock Knock voice: dry, sharp wit; ironic sense of humor is a plus!
- Excellent people skills and ability to communicate effectively with external partners and internal stakeholders. Friendly and personable.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel) and facility with computers overall. Experience in Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Knowledge and interest in social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, as well as new developments in the social space.
- Technically savvy: comfortable with content management software (especially WordPress); and unflappable when learning new software. Knowledge of Shopify, WooCommerce, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, and/or any other e-commerce, email marketing or web analytics solutions is a plus.
- Desire to learn and grow in a professional capacity. Openness to feedback and guidance.
- Strong team spirit, integrity, and a sense of humor.
If you’re interested, please peruse our social channels and our websites at knockknockstuff.com, emilymcdowell.com, and sistersoflosangeles.com. Send your cover letter (mandatory! why do YOU want to work with US specifically?), desired salary range, and resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: MARKETING ASSOCIATE. We offer competitive compensation and benefits. EOE. No phone calls, please.