Brendan Ravenhill Studio is a small design firm located in the Glassell Park neighborhood of Los Angeles, CA. The studio specializes in lighting, furniture and product design. Since its founding in 2010, the studio has explored material, function, and manufacturing methods to create a body of work that we hope you love. Our products are devoid of excess and ornament, striving for a logical celebration of physics, material and craft. We are inspired to create in a world already full of things because we believe that well designed objects embody original ideas. We find great reward in making thoughtful work and we’re proud to build all of our pieces in the USA.
Under the supervision of the Principal and the Design Director, the Junior Product Designer is responsible for aiding in the extensive process of getting a project through the design process. A Junior Product designer must balance a craftsman’s approach and attention to detail with the need to keep pace and hit deadlines. Communication skills across multiple mediums are essential, as this process is equally about working through problems verbally, visually, and physically. A good Junior Product Designer uses the parlance of our industry alongside a thorough knowledge of design heritage and the contemporary market to help bring a product idea to life. They’re responsible for aiding the design department in researching new technologies, materials, and processes. They are charged with producing 3D and physical models to communicate and explore a new product’s form, and assist our Operations department in preparing a new product for production.
- Supportive Research and Development
- Engineering for Compliance
- Physical Modeling/Prototyping
- Parts/Vendor Researching and Sourcing
- Innate Passion for Design
- Project Management Experience
- Familiarity with Design Language, Heritage, and Market
- High Level Communication Skills
- Experience in Researching and Sourcing
- CAD Programs:
- Adobe Suite ( Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Rhino (optional)
- Proficiency in Hand Sketching
- Familiarity with UL and CE Standards
- High Proficiency in Crafting Physical Models
- Ability to Work Well With A Team
If this sounds like you please send all applications with the following:
– A cover letter explaining why you want to join Brendan Ravenhill Studio, what drives you creatively and an example of your problem solving skills as it pertains to organizing (this can be a story, a system, anything that demonstrates the way you think and work). We expect a large number of inquiries so use this letter to impress us and let us know why you should be considered.
– Two professional references
– Date you can start
– Compensation requirements