NICOLEHOLLIS an established interior design firm based in San Francisco working with residential and commercial clients from across the globe. We create exceptional interior spaces that are informed by place and transformed by the meeting of craft and materials. We are looking for a Graphic Designer who is obsessed by the detail, driven by aesthetic and eager to produce.
You take creative direction well, but like to be proactive and contribute your own big ideas to the mix. The Adobe Creative Suite is your main set of tools with proficiency in Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, (Adobe XD and After Effects are a plus). Experience and knowledge in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required. You have strong typographic, layout and organizational skills. You are detail-oriented, able to multitask and are self motivated to carry design concepts through to final production. Web and Digital experience is necessary.
Design and Production (70%)
- Initiate brand components and guidelines across all existing communications.
- Develop new communications material both physical and digital.
- Produce and maintain all internal digital document and presentation templates.
- Prepare all image files for digital and print use, including retouching, file naming and sizing according to studio art direction.
- Work with Senior Graphic Designer to develop, design, implement, refine and produce creative concepts/solutions through final execution.
- Ensure all electronic files are built responsibly (smallest size, proper naming conventions, error free); conduct pre-flight quality checks on all source files.
- Help Senior Graphic Designer to research and supervise pre-selected/approved creative resources (printers, illustrators, photographers, etc.).
- Understand basic print production process and different printing techniques (lithography, letterpress, embossing, engraving, etc.).
- Social media awareness (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.).
- Maintain expertise in appropriate and latest design and production software (Adobe Creative Suite, basic HTML capabilities, etc.)
- Learn new programs (and or recent updates) to adapt to industry trends and become fluent in use.
- Help organize, monitor archive and maintain files on the server.
- Resizing, retouching, and prepping photos for presentations, award submissions, etc.
- Help Senior Graphic Designer produce speaking presentations for conference and market appearances
- Assist as needed with advertising design and marketing materials.
- Monitor and update company website as necessary. Tasks include: uploading prepared portfolio images and updating text content.
Client and Project Management (10%)
- Coordinate with Project/Studio Manager on issues related to adhering to and monitoring of project budgets, schedules and scope of work/revisions.
General Studio Responsibilities/Administration (10%)
- Attend and contribute honest input during performance reviews to ensure your own professional development and define and understand yearly and quarterly personal goals.
- Enter all hours (billable and non-billable) daily and accurately in time-keeping system.
- Participate in marketing and staff meetings.
- Contribute to environment that is efficient, professional, proactive, and team oriented.
To apply, please reply with your resume and portfolio (or link to web portfolio). We will review any applications without these two requirements. Thank you.