Jr. Marketing Designer
Who’s There Group
Are you creative, upbeat, smart, and productive? Do you know the difference between “your” and “you’re”? Are you out in the world doing fun, interesting things? Do you hate stifling workplaces and the social pressure to wear suits?
Then we want YOU.
We are the Who’s There Group—Knock Knock, Emily McDowell Studio, and Sisters of Los Angeles—entrepreneurs who’ve gotten it DONE (and are still getting it done). We create witty, design-driven gifts and books, along with anything else that might strike our fancy. About fifty of us do everything from concepting, writing, and designing our books and gifts to overseeing the all-important logistical dynamics of manufacturing, sales, marketing and distribution. And we’re growing! We are looking for a Jr. Marketing Designer to join our expanding Marketing department.
Here are some of the qualities we’re looking for:
- Appreciation and exuberance for gift products, stationery, and books
- High level of creativity
- Energetic, positive attitude
- Great sense of humor
- Proactive nature
- Ability to take constructive feedback and pivot accordingly
If this sounds like you, then please read all the official stuff below and get in touch. We want to hear specifically why YOU want to work with US, and why WE want to work with YOU. Tell us your story in your awesome cover letter, and let us know the salary range you’re looking for. We don’t look at resumés that come in without cover letters or salary range info, and an awesome cover letter will demonstrate that you looked at our websites and social media feeds.
Jr. Marketing Designer
Who’s There Group’s Jr. Marketing Designer will support the Marketing department in a role dedicated to the design and production of materials that promote and maintain the overall personality and tone of the brand. This individual will help design and execute both digital and print projects, including email marketing, website design, social media assets, lookbooks, catalogs and promotional collateral.
The Jr. Marketing Designer reports to the Sr. Marketing Designer, but will also have day-to-day interaction with all members of the Marketing department.
What You’d Be Doing:
- Assist Sr. Marketing Designer with design, and execution of marketing materials for both print and digital, including email marketing, website design, social media assets, lookbooks, catalogs and promotional collateral.
- Assist Sr. Marketing Designer with product photography including maintaining archives, shot lists, requests, coordinating photoshoot details with photographers and stylists, helping out during a shoot with small tasks, etc.
- Proof press sheets and bluelines, and conduct quality-control checks for all marketing materials; attend press checks with Sr. Marketing Designer to ensure successful print runs. Don’t let anyone tell you print is dead!
- Create project comps and mock-ups as necessary.
- Ensure all elements (aesthetics, color palette and artistic direction) are integrated for both online and offline collateral so the look and feel of Who’s There Group is consistent throughout.
- Maintain day-to-day liaison with Marketing department, working with Sr. Marketing Designer to determine project timelines, resources, and a smooth workflow.
- Research and brainstorm direct-to-consumer promotions with the Marketing team.
- Explore new type design, illustration, photography as well as printing techniques that fit within Who’s There Group brand aesthetic.
Characteristics You’ll Embody While Doing It:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or similar.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in the industry in a staff or freelance position.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud—InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat. Trust us, without these skills you are going to hate life.
- Strong conceptual and layout skills, with an eye for typography and color.
- Proven self-starter, highly organized and able to thrive in a fast-paced creative environment; detail-oriented. One more time, detail-oriented!
- Good communication skills, written and verbal. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Just because you’re a visual person doesn’t mean you can’t talk and read good.
- Strong Internet knowledge, usage, and interest in various social media outlets, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. (Insert millennial joke here.)
If you’re interested, please peruse our social channels and our websites at knockknockstuff.com, emilymcdowell.com, and sistersoflosangeles.com. Send your cover letter (mandatory! why do YOU want to work with US specifically?), desired salary range, and resumé to: email@example.com with subject line: JUNIOR MARKETING DESIGNER. We offer competitive compensation and benefits. EOE. No phone calls, please.