At Gensler’s San Jose location, we help companies innovate. We design spaces, services and environments for organizations seeking new ways to provide value for themselves by fostering healthier, more effective workplaces.
We are searching for a job captain with experience in corporate interiors but also the ability to work across multiple project typologies, who wants to be part of exciting design and bring a new perspective to what we do. We believe innovation happens when we bring together varied backgrounds, disciplines, and points of view. You will support the Project Manager and team to complete assignments timely and with great quality to meet our client expectations. Responsible for ensuring that production of construction documents in concert with the project schedule. Resolves technical/design issues to maintain progress and quality control. Communicates between project team and consultants. Assists in assuring the project meets building codes, budget, and meets all necessary deadlines in order to fully meet client expectations.
- Assist in multiple aspects of client, project coordination, and general contractors including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape and civil consultants
- Manage client relationships and team communication
- Resolve complex technical and design issues
- Maintain the project manual and specifications
- Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews
- Process submittals, RFIs, substitution requests, etc. during construction
- Interface with building and permitting officials during the permitting and construction phases of the project
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture and 5-10 years of relevant experience as a project architect or job captain
- Background in base building and interiors projects, including LEED-certified projects
- Experience in project coordination, including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape and civil consultants
- Experience resolving technical and design issues
- Proficiency with Revit, SketchUp, 3ds Max, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of how buildings are constructed and ability to create technical documents that succinctly, thoroughly and accurately describe the work to be done
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Strong organizational, communication and relationship skills
For consideration, please submit resume and work samples in PDF format.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.