Amy Sklar Design Inc is a full-service interior design firm that specializes in high-end residential projects. We are a small but mighty team, that does it all. In addition to designing beautiful living, dining, and bedrooms we are also known as kitchen and bathroom design ninjas. We work across all style platforms, from modern to traditional, and love that we can handle whatever dream our clients bring to us. We are problem solvers, hard workers, humor enthusiasts, and all-around good eggs. If you want to be involved in all aspects of a boutique design firm, and grow with us, this is the right job for you.
Here’s what we need from you: a cover letter, with some info about you, and why you think you may be a good fit with us, a resume, work samples (2D and 3D would be great) and any references you may have.
- Motivated, proactive, positive, detail-oriented, extremely organized, with an ability to work independently.
- Great communication skills, email, phone, and face to face.
- You know where to source amazing products (fabrics, furniture, lighting, fixtures, tile, plumbing, and accessories.) not only in Los Angeles but all over the globe. (you know, on the interwebs..)
- Ideally, you have had at least two years of experience in a residential design firm, but we realize that talent is talent and skills are skills, and so we are willing to be flexible if you’re a crazy prodigy.
THINGS YOU ARE REALLY GOOD AT: (Skills required)
- AutoCAD, Sketchup, and V-ray, QuickBooks (online version), MS Office, Google Docs. Excel and Ivy
- Creating detailed floor plans, electrical plans, RCP’s, elevations and furniture drawings in Auto-CAD. (Full construction drawings sets)
- Assembling detailed specification books for client, contractor, and office.
- Managing contractors, coordinating & overseeing installations.
- Creating quotes and executing purchase orders.
- Purchasing and order tracking for multiple concurrent projects.
- Prepare for, attend and document client meetings.
- General computer wizardry a plus (we shall call you “computer whisperer”)
*While we take our jobs seriously, we know there is nothing that cannot be remedied with good communication and a great sense of humor*