Mid-sized interior design firm located in San Francisco is seeking a talented and motivated intern to assist our design team.
We are looking for an intern who is dedicated to expanding his or her knowledge of interior design and is responsible, detail-oriented, and eager to assist in this close-knit office environment. This opportunity will offer a developing interior designer valuable in-depth, hands-on experience within the industry. Potential to develop into full-time Interior Design Assistant position for successful candidate.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Creating and organizing project binders
- Assisting with budgeting
- Corresponding and coordinating with vendors and showrooms
- Managing materials library
- Filing and general organization as needed
- Building and furniture product research and sourcing
- Assisting designers with presentation drawings and samples boards
- Updating design schedules
- Coordinating pickups and drop-offs to the Design Center
- Assisting with drawings and/or renderings
- Various errands outside the office as needed
Candidate must be in last semester or quarter of senior year in Interior Architecture & Design program or graduate. Candidate should possess excellent organization and communication skills, must be proficient in AutoCAD, Sketchup, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and MS Excel and Word.
This is a paid internship. Candidates are required to work a minimum of 16 hours, or a maximum of 24 hours per week, and may work concurrently with an internship for school credit program.
If interested, please email cover letter, resume and samples of work to email@example.com.