This job has expired.
HOSPITALITY DESIGN ASSISTANT
- Under the direction of the Senior Designer, is responsible for creating designs and producing project documents.
- Prepare and complete contract documents to meet client program, NHID standards, and project budget constraints including:
- Design presentations
- Mood boards
- 3D Models & views
- Rendered plans, elevations, and views
- Specifications and drawings
- Full set of construction drawings
- Finish, hardware, & plumbing selection and specifications
- FFE selection
- Custom furniture design and documentation
- Finish boards and/or boxes
- FFE binders
- Responsible for organization of project folder and ensure filing system adhere to NHID standards
- Order finish and fabric samples and maintain organization of library as required.
- As directed by Senior Designer, lead the development and design of entire project areas.
- Assist Interns.
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT:
- Observe & communicate trends in the hospitality market.
- Attend vendor presentations and inform team of new and innovative products.
- Pursue individual professional/skill development.
- Contribute to studio development goals.
- Attend and represent NHID at industry events/trade shows as required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in hospitality design
- Strong conceptual design approach.
- Architecture or Interior Design degree, accredited 4yr+ program
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch Up , MS Office and any other industry standard program
- Is collaborative, self-motivated, positive, and flexible with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven organizational abilities and attention to detail with the ability to work on multiple projects across various phases.
- Experience in production of construction drawing sets with knowledge of construction detailing, materials, methods, and codes.
- Experience in production of FF&E specification deliverables/implementation and available vendor/fabricators; SPEXX knowledge preferred
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable in interfacing with clients, consultants, vendors and internal staff
This job has expired.