Fort Standard is a contemporary design studio producing heirloom quality products and furniture. Pairing high quality materials with an obsessive approach to craft, we believe in generating value through good design. We take great pride in all the work that we put into the world. We aim to hire others who take pride in their own work and can contribute to become an essential member of our small team.
We are seeking an experienced full-time director to lead the growth of our furniture sales and to contribute to our company’s overall development. This person must be a highly motivated, personable and resourceful individual who enjoys working in a creative environment and who is not afraid to dive deep into problems to find solutions. They must be excited to chart their own path, creating successful internal sales tools and structure.
They must feel a responsibility for their work as they will have significant autonomy reporting to the founder and director. We are a small team, and you will be an integral member. You must have a vested interest in not only making our business better but also work closely with teammates in order to create a rewarding work environment.
Significant sales experience is required. We prefer experience in the world of high-end home furnishings or interior/architectural design with a substantial amount of existing designer relationships.
Please note that this position will require working from our office and showroom that share a space with our woodshop in an industrial building in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Once fully onboarded and it is COVID safe, we expect 50% of working time will be spent in the office and 50% out of that office for sales calls and meetings.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve sales goals
- Grow and sustain client relationships, including: homeowners, interior designers, architects and showrooms across the US and abroad. Attend industry events and schedule meetings and presentations.
- Design and implement more organization, procedure and efficiencies through internal sales operations. Examples include: researching and implementing a CRM platform and reorganizing our sales process from inquiry, internal production to customer follow up
- Find difficulties and holes across different areas of our business. Take initiative to create change. Work with teammates to find solutions
- Develop a deep understanding of Fort Standard’s designs and capabilities to present to clients sharing our full offerings
- Research and stay up to speed on design world happenings, industry leaders, designers and sales vehicles
- Highly self-driven and motivated to reach sales goals with proven prior sales experience in the high-end design world
- Personable and confident personality capable of talking to large groups of people and acting as the face of Fort Standard during sales presentations
- Resourcefulness needed to work on a small team with an understanding of the challenges of a growing business and the willingness to get into the weeds to create change
- Excellent reasoning skills to define internal problems and implement new successful tools and systems
- Excellent communication skills to effectively present information, listen and respond to questions from clients and teammates. Timely and thoughtful customer follow-up to build trust and strong on-going relationships.
- Extremely organized
- Eager to contribute to overall company culture creating a positive, motivating and rewarding work environment
- Team player who is willing to help coworkers to lead to overall company success
- Passionate and knowledgeable about interior design, architecture and art
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with different CRM platforms
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should read: SALES MANAGER + YOUR NAME. Please include the below as PDF attachments:
- Cover letter. Please provide one specific example of your experience in sales exceeding goals and directly leading to company growth
- Two references
Due to the level of responses we receive, we will not be following up with all applicants directly but if we feel you are a good fit, we will be following up with qualified candidates within 7 days. Thank you for your application!