We are currently seeking a Environmental Design Director to create and deliver innovative retail environments that provide customers with a unique retail experience by bringing together elements like layout/environments, product, digital and interactive experiences. This project is a multinational roll-out of a new retail experience through stand-alone store fronts, POS and kiosks. In this role, the Director possess outstanding skills in leading world-class team of designers, and who holds a portfolio of award-winning work for high profile clients, and a proven track-record developing and building a strong design talent.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Deliver core interiors and environmental design expertise to multi-faced design projects
- Deliver comprehensive design submissions to clients in a timely manner and provide design support through the completion of projects by applying relevant design guidelines and standards
- Lead the development of new retail concepts, ranging from in-store, POS and kiosks, maintaining design consistency across each
- Provide innovative concepts related to the retail space, and customer engagement points to help influence design decisions
- Ensure that all projects quickly evolve in response to changing business conditions, design prototypes, budgets, etc.
- Responsible for providing performance guidance and direction, including coaching and development of the team
- Participation in Business Development activities including pitching new/prospective clients, setting expectations, and closing new work.
- Collaborate with PM, Strategists & Design Leads to define/refine scope, brief, and approach at both the project and account level
- Provide leadership and support in presenting and selling in the work with clients and key stakeholders.
- Working with HR to identify and recruit talent for the team
Required Skills / Experience
- 12+ years of leading visual merchandising, and leading design teams for high profile clients on an international scale
- Live, breath, love retail design
- Capable of managing design team across different work streams
- Strong client facing presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with architects, fabricators and clients to develop projects from sketch to delivery
- Excellent 3D visualization skills are mandatory
- Experience overseeing custom fabrication and on-site implementation.
- Experience with major national or international brands, as well as agency experience preferred
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Industrial/Product Design/Visual Merchandising