Who’s There Group
Are you creative, upbeat, smart, and productive? Do you know the difference between “your” and “you’re”? Are you out in the world doing fun, interesting things? Do you hate stifling workplaces and the social pressure to wear suits?
Then we want YOU.
We are the Who’s There Group—Knock Knock, Emily McDowell Studio, and Sisters of Los Angeles—entrepreneurs who’ve gotten it DONE (and are still getting it done). We create witty, design-driven gifts and books, along with anything else that might strike our fancy. About fifty of us do everything from concepting, writing, and designing our books and gifts to overseeing the all-important logistical dynamics of manufacturing, sales, marketing and distribution. And we’re growing! We are looking for an E-Commerce Associate to join our expanding team.
- Here are some of the qualities we’re looking for:
- Appreciation and exuberance for gift products, stationery, and books
- High level of creativity
- Energetic, positive attitude
- Great sense of humor
- Proactive nature
- Ability to take constructive feedback and pivot accordingly
If this sounds like you, then please read all the official stuff below and get in touch. We want to hear specifically why YOU want to work with US, and why WE want to work with YOU. Tell us your story in your awesome cover letter. We don’t look at resumés that come in without one, and an awesome cover letter will demonstrate that you looked at our websites and social media feeds.
What You’d Be Doing as Our E-Commerce Associate:
Reporting to the Director of E-Commerce, the E-Commerce Associate plays a vital role in the health and well-being of all the Who’s There Group’s (WTG) websites and their optimization, as well as supports our online Amazon sales. The E-Commerce Associate will work with multiple teams at WTG, serving as a liaison among the various functions that feed into and support the companies’ digital activities, especially the operations, marketing, sales, and customer service teams.
- Support all WTG online sales via direct-to-consumer and business-to-business websites and via Amazon—from online merchandising (categorizing, optimizing, etc.) to reporting on and analyzing website metrics and sales.
- Support WTG brands hitting (exceeding!) sales and marketing goals, measuring performance along the way and adjusting accordingly.
- Maintain Amazon sales forecasts based on available data sources.
- Maintain WTG brands’ catalogs across retail and wholesale websites and Amazon—executing product updates and regular review and maintenance in an ever-evolving environment.
- Manage product catalog and data feeds to various online marketplaces and advertising channels (affiliate network, Facebook, etc.).
- Complete site updates, building basic pages within site content management systems (CMS), currently in one WordPress and two Shopify.
- Coordinate and oversee front- and back-end website improvements to positively impact customer experience, sales, and/or functionality.
- With support from internal team(s) and third-party development agency, act as the sites’ webmaster, assuring up-time and functionality at any given time.
- Coordinate with customer service and operations team members troubleshooting issues to ensure smooth, five-star customer experience from start to finish.
- Collect, measure and report monthly on website behavioral data—may include heat-mapping, user-interface testing, and analysis on Google Analytics data.
- Coordinate and complete HTML skinning and execution on email blasts for WTG brands.
- Stay on top of e-commerce trends and best practices, and platforms.
Characteristics You’ll Embody While Doing It:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-plus years of experience in e-commerce, e-commerce sales/operations, website management, or site analytics role.
- 1-plus years of experience in selling/marketing on Amazon.com or other online marketplace.
- Expert fluency in Microsoft Excel and Google Analytics.
- Experience with WooCommerce and Shopify preferred.
- Basic HTML, CSS, and web development know-how required.
- Strong analytic skills as well as the ability to develop reports and perform metrics-driven decision making. VERY KEEN attention to detail (we cannot overstate this!).
- Experience/understanding of SEO strategy including search-engine optimization and keyword research.
- Independent, self-starter with a competitive drive.
If you’re interested, please peruse our social channels and our websites at knockknockstuff.com, emilymcdowell.com, and sistersoflosangeles.com. Send your cover letter (mandatory! why do YOU want to work with US specifically?) and resumé to: email@example.com with subject line: E-COMMERCE ASSOCIATE. We offer competitive compensation and benefits. EOE. No phone calls, please.