Provides design services to Sales and Project Managers including programming, space planning, typical development, finish selection, working/installation drawings and specifications. Work closely with team to ensure accurate plans and specifications, conformance to client’s requirements and all applicable codes. Commit to create high quality project deliverables and a high level of internal and external customer service. Creatively solves design problems and provides design consultation with both the project team and the client. Is proactive in understanding the project scope, timelines, details, and programming.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Review Design Service request (DSR); acknowledges receipt and dead line.
- Participates in client meetings and internal team meetings throughout the life of the project.
- Participates in mock up review with client and project team.
- Engages in project by visiting the site, participating in internal kick-off meetings, and tracking design tasks and progress in team and department documents and spreadsheets.
- Develops block and space plans; gains customer approvals.
- Develops finished working drawings for specifications and installation; validates plans against construction, electrical engineering, and A&D drawings; validates compliance to building and ADA codes.
- Lays out electrical/data locations for specified product.
- Creates 3D drawings, elevation, and renderings that illustrate the potential of the design to help sell the proposed furniture to the client.
- Created finish sheets and boards, to provide visual representation to the project team and client to confirm design development.
- Develops product specifications in drawing and worksheet; plan check specifications against plans; prepare specifications order-entry ready.
- Prepares client ready design documentation and organizes deliverables in a clear and presentable manner.
- Manages changes and revisions, and organizes drawing files accordingly.
- Conducts field measures and punch-list review with field project managers or project managers when applicable.
- Collaborates with ancillary department to develop cohesive furniture package and provide design consultation on finishes, form, function, and style.
- Actively tracks and logs design hours for the life of the project and can evaluate past records to estimate hours needed for future projects.
- Maintains detailed and extensive project documentation, including records of all key decisions, phone conversations, approvals and sign-offs, and notes from project meetings.
- Manages adherence to deadlines and quality of design work and specifications.
- Stays current on product updates, discontinuations, trends and new releases, technology, industry events, and market needs.
- Communicates effectively and collaborates with internal project team.
- Shares “lessons learned” with functional team to enhance knowledge amongst the group.
- Effectively self-manages workload, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Engages in the project from start to finish, offering design consultation throughout the life of the project.
Experience & Skills:
- College degree in interior design, architecture or related field preferred.
- 2-5 years of working interior design experience
- Computer literate with proficiency in AutoCAD, CAP 20-20, Sketch-Up, and CET.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of people both within and outside the company.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- A commitment to professionalism, integrity and sound judgment in business transactions.
- Able to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Contract Furniture/Industry Knowledge
- Knowledge of contract furniture product desired, including systems, filing, case goods and seating.
- Strong knowledge of interior design field and current practices.
- Understanding of workplace environment issues (ergonomics, technology integration, teaming, alternative officing, etc.).
- Working knowledge of contract furniture, building codes, ADA regulations, Electrical Code, etc.
- Understanding of contract furniture processes, facility needs, including order preparation, project management, order management and delivery/installation.