Would you like to collaborate with clients and social entrepreneurs to help them create a new generation of products and solutions to address the world’s most pressing challenges?
For 10 years, Singularity University has been a pioneer in providing intensive incubation for mission-driven entrepreneurs and corporate intrapreneurs seeking to leverage advanced technologies to address the world’s most pressing challenges.
As Design Lead at Singularity University, you will be equal parts corporate innovation leader, group facilitator, design expert, and consultant, advising client teams and startups that are generating innovative new applications of technology. You’ll help them translate their ideas into actionable plans and you’ll also provide thought leadership in the form of workshops and learning events. You will also be a thought leader for clients and SU colleagues on innovation and design-related topics.
What you’ll be doing:
- Guide clients and client teams through the product design process, including ideation, incubation, and acceleration, to help them translate ideas into new ventures and impact initiatives.
- Design and deliver workshops on design and innovation for clients and at SU programs, including accelerators, conferences, summits, and the Global Solutions Program.
- Facilitate ideation sessions.
- Conduct design advisory consults with intrapreneurs and entrepreneurs from customer organizations. Provide design direction as they develop their solutions and initiatives.
- Regularly scan industry news sources with the goal of understanding trends and new developments. Regularly develop and present new points of view.
- Ensure that projects and activities are executed to plan and on the agreed upon timeline.
Our Requirements (we want you to have):
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- At least four years of experience in innovation related roles.
About You (we’d like it if you have):
- Degrees in design related fields and/or management are especially preferred.
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary teams focused on innovation and ideation.
- Demonstrated success in consulting roles.
- The ability to present confidently and effectively to groups of adult learners.
- Demonstrated past success working individually with minimal supervision, and collaboratively as a member of a team.
- An understanding of adult learning principles.
- Experience in startup / new product development environments.
- A portfolio demonstrating a point a view.
The position’s primary work location will be at SU headquarters at the NASA Research Park in Mountain View, CA. Most SU employees also have the ability to work remotely on a regular basis.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation. For more information, visit us at su.org.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- 401(k) plan.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.