The primary role of Design Assistant is to assist the designers during the design process by gathering required design materials for projects including:
• Fabric samples, lead time, pricing
• Furniture options, lead time, pricing
• Paint and finish options, preliminary color schemes
• Sketches for custom furniture, pillows, accessories
• Compose mood boards, gather relevant images
• Draft elevations, floor plans and render presentation drawings
Organize and maintain design library:
• Set up meetings with vendors and present new materials to project team
• Research building materials, furnishings and finishes
• Maintain the fabric library, return samples to design center
• Collect relevant images from magazines and books
• Research new products and materials
Prepare for client meetings and other responsibilities as needed:
• Gather and pack necessary materials and organize the meeting agenda
• Write and revise specifications for furnishings
• Create budgets, schedules and specifications
• Type meeting notes, create project binders
• Degree in Interior Design
• Minimum of 2 years interior design experience
• Excellent presentation skills, including space planning and drawing
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT
• Ability to create a set of construction drawings, specifications and schedule
• Ability to create and manage Excel spreadsheets
• Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
• Knowledge of and/or ability to learn time-keeping and billing software
• Experience selecting and specifying lighting, furnishings, hardware, floor/window coverings, materials, and finishes.
• Ability to interact effectively with the design team on multiple projects
• Experience with purchasing and budgets
• Knowledge of trade resources and vendors
• Task Focus: Delivers legendary service to clients and vendors that meets and exceeds expectations.
• Ethics & Integrity: Adheres to NICOLEHOLLIS, Inc. values, beliefs, and principles of innovation and excellence in design.
• Composure: Remains calm, maintains perspective, and responds in a professional manner when faced with tough situations.
• Personal Learning: Takes personal responsibility for the continuous learning of new knowledge, skills, and experiences.
• Dealing with Ambiguity: Able to successfully function during times of uncertainty and changing priorities.
• Decision-Making: Makes keen, timely decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
• Interpersonal Savvy: Builds effective relationships with all people–up, down and sideways, inside and outside of NICOLEHOLLIS, Inc.
• Results Oriented: Gets results and achieves goals.
Apply below with your resume and portfolio. Phone calls and walk-ins will not be accepted.