Orlando Soria is looking for an LA-based design assistant to help out with real life and on-camera design projects. Tasks include:
- Creating layouts and elevations with AutoCAD or Sketchup (either is fine)
- Creating mood/inspiration boards
- Creating presentation materials and design plans
- Sourcing materials
- Pick up and drop off of samples and furniture
- Personal/logistical tasks for Orlando
- Design research
- Interacting with contractors/builders to keep project on task
- Creating and following up on furnishings orders
- Interacting with sponsors
- Appearing in TV pilot as on-camera Design Assistant/Project Manager
This is a great opportunity for someone with design skills who wants to increase their visibility and progress their career. While we work hard and have a lot on our plates, the work environment is positive and open. Honest communication and a genuine desire to do good work will take you far. I’m looking for someone who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty. I still move furniture, get sweaty at work and do a lot of manual labor so I’m not looking for anyone who’s gonna be a diva or think they’re above anything. Gotta be down to earth, talented, and ready to joke around. We can have fun and also be working hard simultaneously.
Interested applicants should send resumes, links to their portfolios, and Instagram (if applicable) to the email provided (firstname.lastname@example.org).