Since 2006, Design Milk has fed our community’s design obsession with what’s cool and what’s next in architecture, interior design, automotive, fashion, technology + art. Our passion is discovering and highlighting emerging talent + products, and we’re looking for a like-minded design lover to help us take our commerce content efforts to the next level!
We are looking for a full-time Commerce Editor who will work with our editorial and marketing teams to curate commerce-focused content to help influence our community to shop with us!
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Help create commerce content strategy and execute against it to drive organic traffic to the site and optimize our conversion rate
- Assign, edit, research and write commerce content including product reviews and guides — you’ll personally write several shopping posts per week and will coordinate with other in-house writers and freelancers to produce additional content
- Own our affiliate editorial ensuring Design Milk content is optimized to earn affiliate income from third-party products and brands we promote in our commerce-related content
- Identify and optimize other shoppable storytelling opportunities across all of Design Milk’s digital channels in coordination with the marketing team
- Review products and shoot basic smartphone photos and short shopping-themed videos that are engaging, entertaining and clickable
- Coordinate with our product seeding and influencer team to drive UGC and to build a stable of freelance commerce contributors
- Geek out on data to understand the impacts of your efforts and tweak strategy to help drive more traffic and conversion
- You have a passion for modern design
- You have 3-5 years of editorial experience including the production of basic on-camera content
- You have excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- You’re organized and can manage multiple projects and deadlines coordinating your own work and that of others
- You love data + analytics, and you’re a good storyteller with an ability to use both analysis and intuition to inform content decisions
- You have familiarity publishing content in a CMS
- You know the SEO basics and can implement them into your content
- You have knowledge of the latest digital commerce trends and a passion to keep up with what’s next
To apply, send your resume, cover letter and a portfolio of your recent work to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job of your interest in the subject line.