Brendan Ravenhill Studio is seeking to hire a new member of our sales team. This is not your typical sales job, this is a creative problem-solving position that requires an attention to detail, strong organizational skills, good judgment, and a drive to do something different. You would be joining our small studio and would be responsible for helping us grow. We are looking for someone ready to put in the extra effort, to notice when things don’t work and offer solutions, to work smarter not harder. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in sales and communication. We’re looking for someone who’s creative, ambitious, tireless, charming and persuasive. You should be strong in clarity and tone, great with people, and enthusiastic about design. You will be expected to work seamlessly with other members of our team and represent the studio as a collective. Creative problem solving is a must, as is an ability to adapt and innovate quickly.
Responsibilities – Communications Department:
– Provide excellent customer service while marketing and selling Brendan Ravenhill Studio lighting and furniture.
– Receive, research, and delegate all incoming RFQs and inquiries.
– Foster and follow-up on all focused outreach while maintaining existing client relationships.
– Liaise with PR firm to supply all necessary collateral in a timely matter and support relationship.
– Enter client data into SalesforceIQ before processing orders.
– Delegate and/or process estimates and sales orders in Quickbooks.
Responsibilities – Client Development:
– Proactively pursue potential projects and clients by researching and developing regional markets.
– Be able to travel both locally and nationally for residential and commercial client outreach.
– Develop a regional engagement calendar that establishes our target markets.
– Map out travel plans around key events and seasons.
– Identify top firms in region to engage or reengage born from meetings and outreach.
– Take coffee, set up lunch and learns, and pop in for a hello / product update.
– Send thank you, globes, bottle openers
– Schedule meetings with new and existing interior design and architectural offices in major metropolitan cities.
– Share our story, manufacturing processes, and presentation with clients.
– Assist with sample sales and press events at the studio.
– Support the Director of Communications by acting as a key team member and participating in all weekly meetings.
Represent Brendan Ravenhill Studio out in the world. This includes:
– Generally make people understand and love our work!
– Establish and maintain new relationships with design influencers, bloggers, architects and interior designers.
– Time management skills and ability to meet and exceed pace of rapidly growing studio.
– 1-2 years background in sales or communications related role.
– Proficiency in Quickbooks, CRM software, and Adobe Suite.
– Proven history of delivering results while working within a larger operation.
If this sounds like you, please send your application to email@example.com. Due to the large number of submissions we may not respond to all inquiries. If this is your dream position then impress us with a great email, full of character and devoid of typos. We care more about who you are than what you’ve done. In your cover letter please explain why you want to join Brendan Ravenhill Studio, what drives you creatively, and an example of your problem solving skills (this can be a story, an object, anything that demonstrates the way you think and work).
In addition please be sure to provide the following:
– Salary requirements
– Two professional references
– Date you can start