Allied Maker is seeking a full time assembly specialist to join our team of makers to produce high quality lighting fixtures. Our department is small but an efficient team. You will be responsible for learning our collection assemblies and variations. This is a hands-on role. Must have fine motor skills and an attention to detail. Must be able to follow information on our Production sheets to the smallest detail. Lighting experience and experience with Fusion, AutoCad, and NetSuite will be preferred.
You will love working at Allied Maker because of its ambition to provide high quality artisanal product to a growing market. At Allied Maker, we value our team and create many opportunities for advancement from within. Our team is lean, collaborative and works very hard. Most employees cite great satisfaction with the varied work and camaraderie on staff.
Please Note: this position is located in Glen Cove, and we are looking to fill this position immediately.
- Become familiar with Allied Maker 100 + designs and 500+ metal parts
- Problem Solve for more efficient workflows
- Collaboration with design engineers for new fixtures
- Large scale installations
- Volume lean manufacturing
- Lightscape consulting for tradeshows
You should probably apply if you meet these minimum requirements:
A background or interest in lighting or related fields is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 4 years in manufacturing or assembly (Lighting Manufacturing a plus)
- Be excited about the entire production process, actively observing ways in which our systems can be improved to reduce error and increase efficiency
- Be a strong collaborator and organized multitasker
- Have a great attention to detail while inspecting parts for defects and able to comprehend what kinds of defects are not acceptable to the final product
- Have the ability to drive in and understand the construction of our fixtures, interest in electronics or sculpture is a plus
- Be comfortable in a role that flexes with our growing company
- Someone with attention to detail who can learn a large catalog of parts
- Computer literate enough to navigate production system on a Mac
- Knows how to maximize their time
Salary and benefits
· This position offers a competitive salary
· Includes 80% paid medical
· Free dental and vision insurance
· 401K with company match
· Paid Vacation & Holidays
We’re looking to fill this role immediately.
About Allied Maker
Allied Maker’s mission is to deliver artisan crafted, highly engineered, sophisticated, yet simple lighting design solutions. Allied Maker is a New York-based design and manufacturing studio run by Ryden & Lanette Rizzo. Every piece is handcrafted in Allied Maker’s workshop. Allied Maker is committed to manufacturing the highest-quality lighting that is entirely made in the USA. Inspired by raw materials that grow more beautiful with time, Allied Maker developed a hand-applied blackening process, satin brass finish, and smooth yet deeply textured wood finishes. Allied Maker’s lighting fixtures can be seen in boutique hotels, residential and commercial projects worldwide.