We are looking for a self motivated, dynamic, go getter architect/interior designer to join our team at Studio RODA. This position will continue to build the firm’s interiors practice by providing leadership and management to the existing interiors practice while growing and mentoring our talented team. The position will involve in collaborating and strategizing for future business development and other leadership on project pursuits in order to maintain existing client relationships and establish new business. We are looking for someone who will be committed to design excellence and ingenuity, as well as outstanding service to existing and new clients. This role will report directly to the Studio Principal.
- Lead teams from concept through space planning, design development, documentation, construction administration, and eventually closeout
- Prepare construction documentation; including drawings, schedules, specifications, and custom details
- Develop FF&E packages and participating in the selection and documentation of furniture, fixtures, equipment, and material specifications
- Work with project consultants, product representatives, and fabricators to meet overall project objectives
- Directly participate with Project Managers, Designers/Architects, and Principals to ensure projects are on schedule, on budget, reflects all client and project objectives
- Contribute to office culture, initiatives and mentorship of staff Qualifications and Skills
- Instrumental in executing projects
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- 5 – 10 years of experience
- Demonstrated experience in commercial and residential design, knowledge of project constructability, project costs, and code requirements
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and visual
- Highly organized with impeccable time-management skills
- Demonstrated Project Management and Strategic Planning Experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Photoshop & Indesign, and SketchUp
* This description outlines many of the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other daily tasks within the studio are often required. Additionally, emphasis on duties and responsibilities may shift over time dependent on the needs of the firm.