Reports to Partner, Creative Director
The ACD, Digital is a senior design lead and advocate for user-centered design communication at Godfrey Dadich Partners. Never hesitating to roll up their sleeves and jump in, this leader is a seasoned visual communicator and creative leader with 7 to 9 years of experience working as a designer and manager in interactive, experiential, and/or advertising. Working closely with the strategy, creative, dev, and account teams, the ACD will manage and direct the team members responsible for designing digital experiences on behalf of GDP client partners.
While motivated by qualitative measures, the ACD will employ a data-driven methodology when directing work, collaborating with internal teams and the client to ensure project goals are not only met but exceeded. This person will work at all times to ensure the relevance, excellence, and originality of content and experiences designed for a range of outputs and platforms, from client-owned channels to mass media.
Projects will include comprehensive web designs and redesigns; strategy documentation; experiential, UX, and HI; advertising, including campaign- and event-specific digital experiences, advertising display, promotional, and social media; long- and short-form reported brand editorial, across web, app, and social media environments; motion graphics and editorial video; live event programming and creative; podcasts and digital audio formats; pitch decks and client keynotes; and GDP-owned editorial, case studies, and self-promotion. Most activations will involve a digital component, and all will require thinking about how to build a compelling narrative.
This leader is passionate about designing digital experiences that are aesthetically compelling, measurably functional, and built to position storytelling at the core. Crucially, they are a seasoned manager and mentor, capable of bringing together designers with a diverse set of backgrounds and skill sets to invent effective processes and successful outcomes together. They are curious about new formats, strategic in approach, and capable of bringing both expertise and an open mind to any discussion. Most importantly, the ACD is committed to participating in the co-creation of a new kind of design firm centered around story.
This is a San Francisco-based role and will be client-facing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading projects from concept to delivery across a wide range of formats: web, brand systems, social media, event systems, video, animation, product, experiential, and more.
- Managing multiple, diverse project teams across client-specified goals and timelines to drive projects forward.
- Building relationships with our clients, present and future. Laying a foundation of trust and open communication to tee up creative success.
- Shaping presentations that effectively articulate, document, and convey the concept and the logic underlying a proposed design—both internally and with clients.
- Collaborating closely with a team of designers, writers, account managers, and strategists to develop, refine, and elevate the creative.
- Managing project budgets and resourcing, both those internal to the firm and those of our client partners, always seeking to derive value and excellence from finite resourcing.
- Working closely with the partners and co-CEOs to design business and communications systems for, by, and about Godfrey Dadich Partners, including owned, social, and physical platforms.
- 7-9 years experience working in a design, media, or advertising environment, with a majority of those years devoted to creating digital, video, and/or editorial experiences.
- Strong web design skills and understanding of UI component development.
- Highly collaborative, organized, and resourceful. A self starter who proactively sets benchmarks and aligns expectations.
- A trained eye for aesthetics. Whether it’s typography, photography, grid systems, or motion, you find inspiration across a wide range of creative outlets and bring that into your daily work.
- Demonstrated fluency with design tools, including the full suite of Adobe Creative Cloud and Sketch. Competency working in Keynote, Zeppelin, InVision, and G Suite products. Development process fluency a must.
About Godfrey Dadich Partners
Godfrey Dadich Partners engineers strategies to define organizational purpose, creates design s for world-changing experiences, and authors content that drives immersive, action-oriented engagement. Our services include brand strategy, identity, and architecture; human interface design for desktop, mobile web, iOS, and Android; motion graphics and animation; editorial and print design; content strategy and development; media planning, buying, and optimization; and analytics and audience development.