THE CONSULTANCY PR is a unique brand communications practice that merges the sophisticated, senior-level execution of a big agency with the more personalized approach and entrepreneurial spirit of a boutique firm. Based in Los Angeles, TCPR specializes in clients across home/design, luxury, lifestyle, fashion, tech, publishing, consumer products, as well as interior designers, and is continuing to develop its client base in other categories.
The firm is seeking an Account Manager with 3-5 years of experience to support its current client roster. An ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to grow with the company.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute communication strategies and conduct press outreach to appropriately position a range of home/design, lifestyle, fashion and consumer brands in the marketplace
- Secure top-tier media opportunities, including press coverage in home and design, fashion (men’s and women’s), accessories, lifestyle, and consumer outlets; speaking engagements; sponsorship opportunities; award submissions
- Coordinate logistics for targeted press events to support seasonal launches, collections, and other brand introductions
- Interface with client as relevant to press opportunities, event logistics, overseeing sample traffic, media monitoring etc.
- Contribute to story angle development, press release writing, daily product placement, sample trafficking, and media tracking
- Daily account management duties, including media send-outs, meeting planning, updating contact lists, developing recaps and agendas and maintaining subscriptions
- Provide updates on client status regularly
- Minimum three years of experience (applicable internships also acceptable) on either the agency or client side
- Relationships within the home/design, lifestyle, fashion as well as digital and regional media (specifically market editors and directors) on both a national and regional level a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal, networking, and verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Cision