SUMMARY OF POSITION: The position of 3D Artist contributes to the success of NICOLEHOLLIS by creating architectural and interior design renderings for residential and hospitality projects. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of experience working in the architectural 3D modeling industry with a solid understanding of applying materials, lighting a scene, and composition. Hand sketching and traditional rendering skills are a plus.
This is an ideal position for a highly skilled creative and technically savvy candidate, who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic environment. This position offers an opportunity to contribute as a key member of a high-performing design team.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Produce high quality, photorealistic computer-generated visualizations, 3D interior and exterior imagery for use in client presentations and studies
- Produce 3D photorealistic computer-generated visualization of custom furniture, lighting pieces.
- Apply lighting and shading to properly represent photorealistic quality of renderings; consistently display a strong attention to detail and finishes.
- Build a custom 3D model library of objects, furniture, lighting and more.
- Concept development during pre-production phases with other designers.
- Involvement in the preparation of client concept presentations.
- Obtain and assemble data to complete architectural designs, visiting job sites to compile measurements as necessary.
- Work closely with project management and address questions, changes, or clarifications may come across.
- Follow standard drawing process consistently and checking details for accuracy.
- Taking responsibility and ownership of multiple projects at any one time, communicating with team members regarding status and schedule
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, Rhino, Sketchup, and Photoshop.
- Proficiency with Vray, Corona Renderer, and Enscape
- Exceptional knowledge of rendering and modeling software to produce images and troubleshoot potential issues
- Ability to interact effectively with the design team and understands our team culture.
- Ability to collaborate with other designers and make revisions accordingly.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects.
- Have excellent speaking and presentation skills.
- Have excellent self-motivating and driven skills, and core-team values
- Minimum Competencies
- Ethics & Integrity: Adheres to NICOLEHOLLIS’ values, beliefs and principles of innovation and excellence in design
- Composure: Remains calm, maintains perspective and responds in a professional manner when faced with tough situations
- Personal Learning: Takes personal responsibility for the continuous learning of new knowledge, skills and experiences
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Able to successfully function during times of uncertainty and changing priorities
- Decision-Making: Makes timely and quality decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
- Interpersonal Savvy: Builds effective relationships with all people; up, down and sideways, inside and outside of NICOLEHOLLIS
- Results Oriented: Gets results and achieves goals
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- This position will be working in a typical office setting, with no extremes in temperature or lighting
- Applicants should be able to work with equipment typically found in an office and should be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation. Possible accommodations needed should be discussed prior to the onset of employment and/or the interview process.
Status and Position Information
Department/Program: Hospitality and Residential Studios
Supervisor/Reports to: Directors and Senior Designers
Collaborates with: Directors, Senior Designers, Project Designers, Design Assistants, Studio Program Managers
Supervises: No direct reports
Classifications: Full time Exempt
Location: In Studio (occasional remote work my be permitted)
Date Written/Revised: 4.28.2021
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to this job.
NICOLEHOLLIS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. Services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities; please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process.