We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in web content coordination, writing for the web, graphic design and site management.
A significant portion of the individual’s time is spent compiling products for in-house photography destined for the website. Excellent organization is required. In addition to compiling materials, verifying and proofreading database/site content, this person will work closely with the in-house technical team and outside web developers on new website features and functionality. The web content coordinator will report to the Creative Services Manager. Because s/he works closely with several marketing and design members of our organization, strong communication skills are needed. Tasks require an extreme attention to detail and an ability to work under tight deadlines.
The Website Content Coordinator will also work on information management with regard to Sustainability initiatives, with the Technical Products Manager, Creative Services Manager and sustainability consultants. The goal is to streamline information on the sustainable features of Wolf-Gordon products for customers who are specifying for LEED, WELL, LBC and other green building certification programs.
- Coordinate and manage content for organization’s web presence (requires working with content management software)
- Coordinate web projects
- Copyedit and proofread all web content
- Create color arrays for each item
- Keep current with emerging web technologies through relevant blogs, listservs, and events
- Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference
- Track and report on all site metrics, producing a weekly report
- Work cooperatively with key team members, clients and vendors
- Act as a liaison between marketing team, product information manager, and tech team
- Assist employees with, and troubleshoot technical issues on website
- Responsible for quality control of all content transferring from database to website
- Coordinate with VizIt on preparation of product photos for online visualization
- Develop a Phase III to website that includes a portal for the WG Partnership Program of national accounts
- On Phase III and any subsequent initiatives, collaborate with designers to plan out website information architecture.
- Volunteer, as needed, to assist Marketing coworkers on time sensitive deadlines and step in to cover coworkers’ essential tasks when on vacation
- Attention to detail and tendency to perfectionism
- Ability to prioritize personal work deadlines as well as team deadlines
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and to alert others when deadlines are at risk
- Knowledge of HTML and experience with content management systems
- Fluent with social media and web traffic analysis software.
- Current knowledge of email marketing, communications, online advocacy, and social media principles and best practices.
- A sense of color and pattern along with an interest in design.
- Experienced meeting the challenges of web sites that must reach a focused audience.
- Practiced at working with individuals of varying technical sophistication at all levels of an organization.
- Experienced at working with external vendors, and project-based contractors.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat skills; experience with InDesign and Microsoft Word a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Passion, Integrity and Energy!