WHO WE ARE
WE, passionate artists, imaginative strategists, curious innovators, modern makers, join forces to design strategically bright and beautifully crafted brand experiences. Through relentless exploration and passionate execution, we challenge the status quo, eclipse expectations to power positive and long lasting brand creation and transformation.
forceMAJEURE is an international design house established by Laurent Hainaut in New York in 1998. With offices in New York and Paris, we are a 25+ person team of passionate creatives. With more than 19 years of expertise in innovation, visual & brand identity, product & packaging design, retail environments and brand experiences, we have grown an extensive portfolio of global partners in the beauty, fine fragrance, home & personal care, liquor and food & beverage sectors.
WE BUILD BEAUTIFUL. We design purposefully and believe in harnessing the power of beauty to build brand reverence, visibility and value.
WE THINK BIG. We are curious, we never stop asking questions, and we find inspiration everywhere. We embrace the challenges of today, without losing sight of what will come tomorrow.
WE NEVER SETTLE. Obsessed with fine details, we thrive when we change the story and define new boundaries to create ideas that stand apart.
SENIOR DESIGNER ROLE
The Senior Designer manages key projects from concept through completion, overseeing the project, managing the designers and assisting them with the project. Assures that branding concepts fit client’s brief and requirements. Interprets client’s strategy for brand communication. Develops proposed creative approaches and treatments aligned with strategy.
Initiate and stimulate creative ideas for your team in the creative process. Key responsibilities include: Concept development and design of branding, packaging design and merchandising/marketing collateral. Translate marketing/communication strategies into effective design and visual communication solutions. Responsible for the quality of final creative work handed off to the creative director and account manager for client presentation.
Manage design team through briefing, conceptualization, design and production phases. Provide strong mentoring, and have creative flexibility to coordinate graphic, structure and production phases of the creative process. Act as liaison with production to assure all design considerations are clear for final production. Oversee development of final designs, files, comps and presentations.
Keep abreast of industry trends. Gather consumer insights and historic research, lead brainstorming sessions, lead development of internal and client presentations with creative director input. Manage internal teams and studio processes.
- Manage team of designers, coordination with designers and production staff. Mentor in the development and growth of team.
- Maintain ability to prioritize, manage multiple deadlines, multitask, and proactively seek solutions and solve problems.
- Direct and manage design team through briefing, conceptualization, design and production phase.
- Oversee all design output. Maintain creative consistency/excellence on all projects.
- Liaison with production team to assure that all design details are approved and completed for development of mechanicals and comps.
- Assure that industry knowledge, production, process and technology knowledge are kept up to date for department.
- Develop and maintain appropriate internal and external creative resources. Assure that vendors (photographers, illustrators, typographers, etc.) are well briefed and well managed.
- Represent forceMAJEURE design approach and strategy with key clients through presentations, assist account management during key presentations when needed.
Passion and skill for typography, illustration and conceptual thinking. Excellent understanding of packaging design, brand communication & integration across different mediums is essential. Stay abreast of industry evolution. Responsible for development of the junior designers by providing overall mentoring and guidance.
WE JOIN FORCES. We believe in the strength of bringing people together. Diversity—of our designers, our partners, and our projects—inspires brilliance and makes us more nimble.
Join our team of passionate, curious, and talented people, crafting beauty with purpose.