THE CONSULTANCY PR is a unique brand communications practice that merges the sophisticated, senior-level execution of a big agency with the more personalized approach and entrepreneurial spirit of a boutique firm. Based in Los Angeles, TCPR specializes in clients across home/design, luxury, lifestyle, fashion, tech, publishing, consumer products, as well as interior designers, and is continuing to develop its client base in other categories.
The firm is seeking an Account Executive with 1-2 years of experience to support its current client roster. An ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to grow with the company.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute communication strategies and conduct press outreach to position a range of home/design, lifestyle and consumer brands in the media marketplace
- Secure top-tier media opportunities, including press coverage in home/design, fashion (men’s and women’s), accessories, lifestyle, consumer and business outlets; speaking engagements; sponsorship opportunities; award submissions
- Conduct proactive outreach to bloggers and social media influencers for partnership opportunities
- Contribute to story angle development, press release writing, daily product placement and media tracking
- Coordinate logistics for targeted press events to support seasonal launches, brand introductions, dinner/cocktail events, etc.
- Interface with client as relevant to press opportunities, event logistics, overseeing sample traffic, media monitoring etc.
- Daily account management duties, including developing recaps and agendas, as well as monthly status reports
- Report to Senior Account Manager, Managing Director and/or President; manage PR Assistant
- Minimum one year of experience (applicable internships also acceptable) at a PR agency preferred
- Relationships within the home/design, lifestyle, fashion as well as digital and regional media on both a national and regional level a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal, networking and verbal and written communications skills
- Proactive with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Excellent writing skills with attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of tools such as Cision a plus