FULL-TIME POSITION: PRODUCTION & DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
ANNA by RabLabs (www.annanewyork.com) is a fast-growing, luxury design company that creates naturally-inspired products for the home. We combine ancient, precious materials with cutting-edge design, creating pieces which last a lifetime.
Our products are sold by more than 450 luxury retailers and museum stores worldwide, and in more than 30 countries, in cities from Zurich to Singapore. Our retailers include the Museum of Modern Art Design Stores, Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales, and The Smithsonian.
We have been featured in some of the most prominent design and lifestyle magazines worldwide, including Elle Decor, Architectural Digest, Harper’s Bazaar, Elle, In Style, and O (Oprah) Magazine.
We have a deep love of design, and are looking for passionate folks to join our team!
- Managing overseas production for approximately 400 components/SKUs.
- Working with our design team to translate their designs into final products
- Working with our overseas factories (China, Brazil, India) and domestic factories to create final products which meet our standards and quality levels
- Resourcefully resolving day-to-day production issues
- Managing production schedules and shipping to ensure goods are received on time at our distribution center
- Managing production transit from factory to receipt at our DC.
- Coordinating with our customer support team to ensure that production quantities match customer orders and projections
- Maintaining a production tracker that tracks all outstanding production and deliveries
- Managing a production budget, including samples
- Evaluating initial and production samples, and communicating needed improvements to our manufacturing partners
- Traveling overseas for on-site visits to our manufacturing partners
- Conducting in-line and final inspections of our products
- Sourcing new manufacturing partners
- Developing and maintaining weekly and monthly reporting process to analyze accuracy of our forecasting, in order to refine the item ordering process
- Developing strategy to improve yearly inventory turns while ensuring that our target in-stock levels are being met
- 5+ years of professional experience in Production Management
- BA required in applicable field (Engineering or Product Design a plus but not required)
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power point, etc.)
We are looking for someone who:
- Is resourceful, proactive, and creative about solving development and production issues
- Is excited about working in a small company, and playing different roles
- Works collaboratively with others
- Is flexible in their approach to problems, and in working with others
- Understands the importance of treating vendors as partners, and is skilled in building relationships
- Has good, clear communication abilities
- Displays excellent attention to detail and schedules
- Takes responsibility, and ownership of their area
- Rolls up their sleeves and is not afraid to get into the trenches in order to get the job done