The Operations Manager will play an integral role in overseeing the daily workings of Matthew McCormick Studio. In particular, they will be accountable for ensuring plans are implemented, deadlines are met on time and on budget, and products maintain the highest quality standards upon delivery to clients.
The Operations Manager will come with the leadership experience and passion for building processes and procedures from the ground up, bringing all projects to the finish line without a hitch. Working hand-in-hand with the owner, Matthew McCormick, you will have an opportunity to become immersed in the world of industrial design on a global scale and play a key role in top tier decision making. In addition, you will be afforded the ability to help carve a new, rewarding position that meets both company goals and your vision for success.
Process & Procedures
- Responsible for the production, procurement and planning of day-to-day operations
- Communicates with team, partners and clients as required to ensure delivery times are met on target
- Communicates changes in orders or delivery dates to partners and clients, as appropriate
- Curates and implements a new online project management system to manage detailed projects and production schedules
- Sets appropriate time/budget with manufacturers to effectively build and deliver products, continuously improving the manufacturing process
- Plans, schedules and reviews manpower to ensure processes and procedures are efficient and productive
- Maintains oversight of inventory and warehousing
- Manages project shipping estimates, final costs and billing to clients
- Provides review and advisory role on purchasing decisions
- Prepares and presents weekly budgetary reports
- Manages and advises on supply chain to ensure minimized costs for production
- Reviews business forecasts, sales reports and financial statements to advise on how to best maximize results and improve operational efficiencies
People Management & Leadership
- Management of people development and human resources, as required
- Oversight of Worksafe BC standards
- Oversight of global trade show logistics – ie. booth requirements, payments, shipping, etc.
- Mentor: Nurtures abilities and supports areas of development for employees, cultivating a positive and motivating work environment for the team
- Results oriented: A hands on leader, consistently takes initiative and effectively tackles daily workload
- Problem solver: Proactively strategizes, negotiates and makes sound decisions, identifying solutions to issues before they happen
- Team player: Works collaboratively with all levels of the business
- Interpersonal skills: Facilitator of strong working relationships between employees, suppliers, manufacturers and clients; able to provide and receive critical feedback
- Positive attitude: Comes with a demonstrated “can do” attitude – when there’s a will, there’s a way!
- Communicator: Able to communicate clearly and diplomatically (written and oral), with an understanding and appreciation for customer service
- Professional: Approaches every situation with maturity, patience and the ability to see bigger picture
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or a combination of relevant education and 5+ years work/leadership experience, specifically managing a small team of people. Project management designation (PMP) and/or knowledge in electrical/construction are both considered competitive assets to this role.
SALARY & COMPENSATION:
Starting salary at $80,000 (based on previous level of experience) + annual incentives, rewarded based on:
• Quality assurance
• Improvement in cost of goods sold and gross margin
• Surpassing net profit margin target