We are a rapidly growing interior architecture and design firm. We focus on creating spaces for start-ups, tech companies, and other creative companies.
ROLE: Design assistants provide support to the partners and project managers in the execution of interior design and architecture projects. Design Assistants work under the direct supervision of the design team.
YOU ARE: You can think on your feet, are organized, and friendly. You work well under pressure and take initiative. You are a self-starter and don’t need constant instruction. You work confidently in Vectorworks (or AutoCAD,) SketchUp, and the adobe creative suite. You have excellent attention to detail and are comfortable updating and helping to manage project budgets. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty. You have a good product knowledge of FF&E and specify them regularly. You have an interest in developing your skill set in both architecture and interior design. You have an eye for detail and the ability to describe what you want. You are ready to take your skills to the next level and start working on some of the most exciting commercial interior projects.
- Provide Ad-Hoc support across all projects
- Assistance with Site Survey
- Drafting Existing Conditions
- Assistance Sourcing and Pricing FF&E
- Compile Concept Presentations
- Assistance in Design Development: Plans, Elevations, Custom Furniture
- Management Of Resource Library
- 1-2 Years professional Experience
- Approved for full-time work in the US
- BA or MA in interior design or architecture
- Familiar with Vectorworks or AutoCAD with the ability to learn a new program prior to the start.
- Experienced with Adobe creative suite
- Ability to stay organized between multiple projects
- Effective communicator between managers, clients, consultants and vendors
- Self Motivated
- Ability to work with deadlines
- Experience sourcing furnishings for commercial spaces.
- Ability to produce renderings, hand sketches, and presentation graphics
$15-$20/hr, commensurate with experience with the possibility to grow to salary after a standard review period