TITLE: DESIGN ASSISTANT
JOB DESCRIPTION: The position of Design Assistant contributes to the success of NICOLEHOLLIS, Inc. by assisting in general office and design duties, drafting, sourcing, coordinating, filing library and images.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
The primary role of Design Assistant is to assist the designers during the design process by gathering required design materials for projects including:
- Fabric samples, lead time, pricing
- Furniture options, lead time, pricing
- Paint and finish options, preliminary color schemes
- Sketches for custom furniture, pillows, accessories
- Compose mood boards, gather relevant images
- Draft elevations, floor plans and render presentation drawings
Organize and maintain design library:
- Set up meetings with vendors and present new materials to project team
- Research building materials, furnishings and finishes
- Maintain the fabric library, return samples to design center
- Collect relevant images from magazines and books
- Research new products and materials
Prepare for client meetings and other responsibilities as needed:
- Gather and pack necessary materials and organize the meeting agenda
- Write and revise specifications for furnishings
- Create budgets, schedules and specifications
- Type meeting notes, create project binders
- Degree in Interior Design
- Minimum of 2 years interior design experience
- Excellent presentation skills, including space planning and drawing
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT
- Ability to create a set of construction drawings, specifications and schedule
- Ability to create and manage Excel spreadsheets
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Knowledge of and/or ability to learn time-keeping and billing software
- Experience selecting and specifying lighting, furnishings, hardware, floor/window coverings, materials, and finishes.
- Ability to interact effectively with the design team on multiple projects
- Experience with purchasing and budgets
- Knowledge of trade resources and vendors
- Task Focus: Delivers legendary service to clients and vendors that meets and exceeds expectations.
- Ethics & Integrity: Adheres to NICOLEHOLLIS, Inc. values, beliefs, and principles of innovation and excellence in design.
- Composure: Remains calm, maintains perspective, and responds in a professional manner when faced with tough situations.
- Personal Learning: Takes personal responsibility for the continuous learning of new knowledge, skills, and experiences.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Able to successfully function during times of uncertainty and changing priorities.
- Decision-Making: Makes keen, timely decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Builds effective relationships with all people—up, down and sideways, inside and outside of NICOLEHOLLIS, Inc.
- Results Oriented: Gets results and achieves goals.